Design thinker. Website maker. Brand builder.
Hi, I’m Rachel.
I’m a graphic designer, web developer, and Internet marketing consultant. I help businesses create websites and social media channels that build brands and connect with customers.
Are you a blogger or content creator?
Would you like to:
- Define your brand identity (it’s not just your logo!) and the unique value you bring to your audience?
- Optimize your site navigation and user experience so visitors stay on your site longer?
- Streamline content sharing on social media – spend less time posting and more time getting to know your audience?
- Stop tinkering with your WordPress theme and have more time to create great content?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you need a One-on-One Blog Audit!
How a One-on-One Blog Audit Works
Step 1: Introduction
I’ll get to know you and your site with an introductory phone call. We’ll talk briefly about your website and social media channels, areas that you’d like to improve, and your goals for growth. After our call, I’ll evaluate the behind-the-scenes technology on your site.
Step 2: Skype Session
Let’s get down to business – your business! In this face-to-face Skype session, we’ll dive deep into your brand, any problems you want to solve with your site, any areas you’d like to focus on for improvement or growth, and more.
Step 3: Blog Audit Report
Your Blog Audit Report includes a detailed analysis of your blog and social presence, and specific recommendations for improvements. Sections include:
- CONTENT – quality and style of text and photos, readability, and cohesiveness with your brand
- DESIGN – brand appropriateness of theme, photos, logo, typography, and other graphics
- USABILITY – site organization, navigation, mobile usability and optimization, user interface design
- BRANDING – brand cohesiveness, consistency across platforms, and connection with key audiences
- TECHNOLOGY – SEO, site speed, responsive design, plugin optimization, ad placement, etc.
Step 4: Follow-Up Call
After you have a chance to review your Blog Audit Report, I’ll follow up with another 30-minute phone call or Skype session to answer any questions. I’ll also provide you with a list of products, plugins, and people to help make improvements to your blog immediately.
Are you excited? I am!
I love solving problems and helping people, and I can’t wait to help you!
Let's get started![July 2018 update] – I’m scheduling blog audits for Fall 2018. Use this form to add your site to the wait list.
With over twenty years of experience building websites for small and large businesses, non-profits, and educational institutions, I work from a broad base of experience in Internet marketing, while leveraging time-tested design skills from years of academic, professional, and personal experiences.
I am a graduate of the University of Illinois, where I earned my degree in Psychology and studied Human-Computer Interaction.
In 2017, I launched this site: Birdseed Kitchen. I create original recipes and write about food and cooking. But I am especially excited about helping other food bloggers and entrepreneurs with their websites and branding.